Lori Thein Brody, PT, PhD, SCS, LAT
email@example.com | LinkedIn
- PhD in Continuing and Vocational Education, University of Wisconsin
- MS in Population Health, University of Wisconsin
- MS in Therapeutic Science, University of Wisconsin
- BHS in Physical Therapy, University of Missouri Columbia
- BS in Physical Education, English Secondary Education, Athletic Training, Iowa State University
- HS 507 Evidence-Based Practice
- HS 877 Writing for Publication
- OSS 610 Measuring Outcomes: Current to Future Practice
- HS 714 Scientific/Professional Writing
- HS 762 Literature Review, Analysis & Synthesis
- Geigle P, VanWingerden A, Biondi M, Gangaway J, Modica S, Morris D, Salem Y, Brody LT. “Exercise in the aquatic environment for people with primary hip osteoarthritis: A systematic review and meta-analysis.” Journal of Aquatic Physical Therapy. 2022:00:1-14
- Troy Burley, Lori T Brody, William G Boissonnault, Michael D Ross. “Development of a Musculoskeletal Imaging Competency Examination for Physical Therapists, Physical Therapy.” Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Journal. epub 3 September 2020; https://doi.org/10.1093/ptj/pzaa154
- Sandvik J, Potteiger K, Merlo AR, Brody LT. “Celiac Disease: University Accommodations and Support for Student-Athletes. Athletic Training and Sports Health Care.” Athletic Training and Sports Healthcare. 2020; 12(5):201-210
- Ardali G, States RA, Brody LT, Godwin EM. “The Relationship Between Performance of Sit-To-Stand From a Chair and Getting Down and Up From the Floor in Community-Dwelling Older Adults. Physiotherapy Theory and Practice.” August 2020; DOI 10.1080/09593985.2020.1802796
- Ardali G, Brody LT, States RA, Godwin EM. “Reliability and Validity of the Floor Transfer Test as a Measure of Readiness for Independent Living Among Older Adults.” J Geriatr Phys Ther. 2019 Jul/Sep;42(3):136-147. doi: 10.1519/JPT.0000000000000142. PMID: 29059121.
- Brody, LT. “Strategies for Optimizing Sustainable Therapeutic Outcomes Related to the Treatment of the Movement System.” APTA Orthopedic Section Monograph. 2019
- Brody LT. “A Revalidation Study of Competencies in Aquatic Physical Therapy.” Journal of Aquatic Physical Therapy. 2019; 26(3):17-34.
- Bhanot K, Kaur N, Brody LT, Bridges J. “Hip and Trunk Muscle Activity During the Star Excursion Balance Test in Healthy Adults.” Journal of Sports Rehabilitation. 2019; Feb 14: 1-10
- Ardali G, Brody LT, States RA, and Godwin EM. “Characteristics of Older Adults Who Are Unable to Perform a Floor Transfer: Considerations for Clinical Decision-Making.” Journal of Geriatric Physical Therapy. 2018 April 6. doi: 10.1519/JPT.0000000000000189
- Brody LT, Hall CH (eds). “Therapeutic Exercise: Moving Toward Function.” 4th edition. Lippincott Williams and Wilkins. Philadelphia, PA. May 2017
- Brody LT. “Knee osteoarthritis: Clinical connections to articular cartilage structure and function. Phys Therapy in Sport.” 2014 Dec 12. pii: S1466-853X(14)00106-0. doi: 10.1016/j.ptsp.2014.12.001.
- Kaur N, Bhanot K, Brody LT, Bridges J, Berry DC, Ode JJ. “Effects of lower extremity and trunk muscles recruitment on serratus anterior muscle activation in healthy male adults.” Int J Sports Phys Ther. 2014; 9(7): 1-14
- Freedman SR, Brody LT, Rosenthal M, Wise JG. “Short-term effects of patellar kinesio taping on pain and hop function in patients with patellofemoral pain syndrome.” Sports Health; 2014 6(4):294-300.
- September 2022 “Therapeutic Exercise and Aquatics” Australian Physical Therapy Association; video presentation
- October 2022 “Eating Well: The Impact of Nutrition on Health and Well Being Across the Lifespan” Wisconsin Physical Therapy Association Fall Meeting; Wisconsin Dells, WI
- July 2021 “Reliability and Validity of the Floor Transfer Test as a Measure of Readiness for Independent Living Among Older Adults” Academy of Geriatric Physical Therapy Journal Club
- Feb 2020 “Training the Inner Athlete in Your Patient.” APTA Combined Sections Meeting, Denver, CO
- Feb 2020 “Clinical Practice Guidelines: Hip Osteoarthritis.” APTA Combined Sections Meeting, Denver, CO
- Feb 2019 “How Loose is Too Loose? Hypermobility and the Female Athlete.” APTA Combined Sections Meeting, Washington, DC
- Feb 2018 “The Complicated Patient: Aquatic and Land Interventions.” APTA Combined Sections Meeting, New Orleans, LA